My own Football World Cup

My own Football World Cup- Qatar 2022!!!


November 2022 marked a historic moment as Qatar hosted one of the greatest World Cups ever! As a resident of Qatar since January 2023, this event was something I had eagerly anticipated.

Reflecting back to 1982, when black-and-white TVs began broadcasting World Cup matches, I vividly remember walking miles to the Santhosh Kala Samithi at Pirayiri just to watch the final. Since then, I’ve never missed a single live broadcast of a World Cup football match!

Having the opportunity to witness the FIFA World Cup in the host country was truly a once-in-a-lifetime blessing, and I made the most of it. I was fortunate to secure tickets for almost every day of the tournament, except the Final and the second Semi-Final. Additionally, I had the pleasure of hosting several family members and friends from India and Singapore. 

One of my proudest achievements was attending two matches on the same day, hopping between stadiums. How many football fans can boast of such a unique experience? I believe such an opportunity might never come again, as a World Cup in a city like Doha is unlikely to be repeated.

Here are some of the glimpses of the World Cup that I have seen through my camera lens!

Day 1 : 20-Nov-2022

20 Nov 2022: Inauguration Ceremony







World Cup is all about Fans, Fun, Frenzy and Friendship!


Opening Match : Qatar vs Ecuador

Day 2 : 21 Nov-2022

USA Vs Wales at Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium

I had taken tickets for Myself, Bidha and Anamika for this match. As Bidha was in India, this ticket was transferred to Vishnu!
Cheered for Gareth Bale! 







 


Day 3: 22-Nov-2022

Highlight of the day was the historic upset win of Saudi Arabia over Messi's Argentina. I watched this from my office and the fan zone overlooking the Sheraton and my office towers!  The largest fan base in Qatar was from neighboring KSA; and they were celebrating crazy! and Why Not!! And the question was 'Where' s Messi? Wein Messi? 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Tribute to Kargil Vijay Diwas!

89 Class Artificers and the ‘Get-Together Saga’ - Part 1 (Introduction)

89 Class Artificers and the ‘Get-Together Saga’ - Part 3 - 89 - Dancing Tribes